Friday, January 7, 2011

Why a blog?

Ok.  So why did I really start this blog?  Well, I joined Facebook just last year and found I simply had  much more to say than space allowed there. I love to stay in touch with friends, but I really wanted to say something that would enable me to encourage someone else.  I also started reading a book by Elizabeth George, entitled Beautiful in God's Eyes.  It's a study on Proverbs 31 in the Bible.  Are you familiar with it? Well, this book discusses in detail the characteristics and virtues of a woman who is beautiful in God's eyes; something we all would like to be.  Well, one chapter dealt with finding "something personal" that was your "niche" and getting creative with it.  Thus, the idea of this blog was formed.  You see, as a woman I wear many hats.  I cook, clean, wipe away tears, love, make lists, plan meals, shop, do laundry, manage the finances, etc. but I never seemed to excel in any one specific area.  (I am a "work in progress.")  Anyway, I have always loved to write and in my younger years I kept my journal writing religiously.  So perhaps. with this blog, I have found  my "something personal" after all."  Do you know what your "thing" is?  It might take some real soul-searching, but I encourage you to find that special something that you are good at and get creative with it and see what happens.  You might be surprised at what you discover.     

No comments:

Post a Comment