Wednesday, May 11, 2011

He Sees the Bigger Picture

Good morning ladies!  It's so nice to be back blogging again.  I'm revamping again as this is definitely still a work in progress.  I'm still trying to find my footing in this new world of blogging, so I appreciate your patience.  This morning, I was reading to my kids from their daily devotional book and this thought resonated with me.  The scripture is from Jeremiah 29:10 and it says For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end.  In the New Living Translation it reads like this: For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord.  They are plans for good and not for disaster, to give you a future and a hope.   I don't know about you, but I know it's very easy for me to lose sight of the bigger picture in the face of the here and now.  How many times do we pray and cry out to God for something and the answer doesn't seem to come.  We think God hasn't heard us and begin to doubt his love for us.  But God sees the bigger picture and maybe the answer we wanted was not in His plan.  You know that old saying, "The grass is always greener on the other side"- Well, sometimes, it's not.  Sometimes we wonder if we've made the right choices in life, temptations come and cause us to doubt. But God's will is always better than we can wrap our fleshly minds around. He always knows what lies ahead and if we stay in His will and on the path He has for us, we will see in the end that He was right all along.  We will see that He was watching out for us, protecting us, keeping us from danger and ruin.  When I was a young teenager, I was in "love" with a guy for 3years who didn't care if I existed or not.  I used to pray and pray for God to let us be together.  I just knew I was the one for him.  Well, like most of you know from your own romantic experiences, love doesn't always turn out the way we planned.  Sometimes, we don't realize the qualities we really want in a spouse until we're older.  This guy was everything a young girl could want: tall, dark, handsome, a rebel, just like in the romances I was always reading. But he wasn't the one for me.  I actually met my husband as a young girl, but at that time I didn't think he was my type- bookish, loved computers, skinny, shy, etc.  It wasn't until much later (many years later) that I began to see him in a new light.  Little did I know he was who God wanted for me.   He had a sense of humor and was handsome (of course) but it was his character and inner strength that I was drawn to, his personality.  Sometimes, what we think we want now is not necessarily what we truly need.  Sometimes we see things at face value, when God sees below the surface to the heart of the matter. He knows what will be a good fit in all the areas of your life.  God truly knows us better than we know ourselves.  So, though we may not always understand, if we just trust Him, we can know that He'll give us what is really best for us in the long run-what will truly make us happy.  That love, that job, that home, that future; whatever it is you're longing for to bring you happiness, God has the perfect one for you that will fit you just right.  Don't try to rush things or take the first attractive offer that comes along-things are not always what they seem. Dig deep, pray, and God will let you know what the right choice is. Remember this: (Psalm 37:4-5) Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.  Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him; and he shall bring it to pass. You can't go wrong with that.   I hope you have a beautiful day!
                                           My husband, Chuck, and I on our first real date.

No comments:

Post a Comment